Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Our Beginnings

It was never my intention to home school. The thought of my sweet boys going off for a few hours each day so I could go for a long run, or grocery shop in peace was very (very) enticing. Turner has attended the Seaside Playgarden for almost a year now and it's been a wonderful experience.

As the Navy would have it, we're moving from Florida to Virginia and, when faced with all of the rather expensive Montesori, "big box" and run-of-the-mill church schools I ended up here...

Home school. 

Why not? You are you child's first teacher, right? 
  
The plan is this: a very basic curriculum provided by Brightly Beaming Resources and Little Acorn Learning

Tomorrow is Turner's last day of Preschool at the 'garden. He is so excited that I'm going to be his "teacher" that he giggles. 

The possibilities are endless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment