Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Truthful Tuesday

Eileen at Little Acorn Learning does a blog each Tuesday (at least, she was) about those "other" moments in life: the moments not everyone posts about.

Here, I'll try to do the same. More for me to remember what I did (not) do and how I survived these years of homeschooling with three small children, virtually no husband and an insurmountable to-do list.

Here's my truthful Tuesday:

Bugs make my armpits sweat. Really. I mean, I don't want to touch them, talk about them, think about their venom (more likely, lack thereof). I hate killing them because, somehow, their goo will contaminate my shoe. I can't squish them with a paper towel because they might somehow survive and then attack me.

I can't stand bugs.

Somehow, I've managed to show this to my children. They squeal when they see ants, think dead bugs can hurt them and cry when I mention there might be something lurking in the house.

So, I'm forcing myself outside of my comfort zone and teaching them about all critters great and small.

eek...




After I let this guy crawl on my hand, the kids were eager to let him crawl on them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment